PhotoBanter.com

-   -   xD Memory Card (1GB) in Olympus C5000 (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=68503)

[email protected] August 11th 06 11:54 PM

xD Memory Card (1GB) in Olympus C5000

I recently purchased a 1GB Olympus Type H card for my C5000. When I
start the camera up, it takes a good 10-12 seconds for the red light
(card read) to stop for me to take my first picture. My 32MB card
doesn't have this issue. Is this normal? I formatted the card and
that didn't increase the speed. I didn't see a whole lot on the
Olympus support site.

Just wondering if anyone else has had experiences with the new cards
and Olympus cameras. Thanks.

Tony Sivori August 14th 06 07:17 AM

ryanperkins wrote:

I recently purchased a 1GB Olympus Type H card for my C5000. When I
start the camera up, it takes a good 10-12 seconds for the red light
(card read) to stop for me to take my first picture. My 32MB card
doesn't have this issue. Is this normal? I formatted the card and that
didn't increase the speed. I didn't see a whole lot on the Olympus
support site.

Just wondering if anyone else has had experiences with the new cards and
Olympus cameras. Thanks.

I have a 1 GB type H Olympus xD card in my Fuji FinePix F10 and start up
time is less than 2 seconds. So it sounds like a camera issue, not a card
issue.

--
Tony Sivori