rubbish. Is there any way I can convert the first frame of each from MPG to
JPG ?

A visit to the camera shop straightened me out on menu and settings and I
can now shoot still pictures but would like to save something from my
"movies".

Stuart, Zurich

Whiskers
June 2nd 05, 04:59 PM
On 2005-06-02, Stuart Grant <sagrantatbluewindotch> wrote:
> I got a Sony DSC T7 for my birthday. Very pleased with it but had some
> trouble at first as I screwed things up changing too many settings. Could
> not get a clear view on the screen in Still Picture Mode but could see it
> fine in Movie Mode, so shot a few pictures in that mode.
>
> Trouble is that after transferring the files to the computer, I found that
> the "Movie" files were in MPG format not JPG, so I can't print them. All I
> am interested in is the first frame of each; the rest - very short - is
> rubbish. Is there any way I can convert the first frame of each from MPG to
> JPG ?
>
> A visit to the camera shop straightened me out on menu and settings and I
> can now shoot still pictures but would like to save something from my
> "movies".
>
> Stuart, Zurich

I think video editing software should allow you to 'capture' a single frame
and possibly convert it into a still-image format. MPEG compression works
across several 'frames' though, so the results might not look good.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Stuart Grant
June 3rd 05, 03:25 PM
Thanks for your advice - but can you suggest any suitable video editing
program. I'm not sure I have one.

Stuart

Whiskers
June 3rd 05, 11:01 PM
On 2005-06-03, Stuart Grant <sagrantatbluewindotch> wrote:
> Thanks for your advice - but can you suggest any suitable video editing
> program. I'm not sure I have one.
>
> Stuart

Newsgroup Tip of the Day: quote enough of the message you are replying to for
people to know what the reply means and to whom it might be directed ;))

I don't use Windows or Mac, so I can't recommend anything for you
personally, but a web search for 'video editing software' should bring up
several possibilities. (I haven't tried this particular thing with Linux,
either, but it should be possible). The results might not justify the
effort, though.

--
-- Whiskers