PDA

View Full Version : Re: Value of Agfa B2 Shur-shot Box Camera?

dr bob
November 2nd 03, 01:28 PM
"Ol' Duffer" > wrote in message
> Anyone care to speculate on the value of this antique Agfa B2 Shur-shot
> box camera? Don't know if this qualifies as medium-format, but it's
> bigger than 35mm. I'm probably going to put it on eBay, and wanted to
> get some ideas so I know what to ask for starting bid, etc. Thanks.
> http://www2.wcoil.com/~olduffer/shurshot.html

I happened to see one in pretty fair shape at an antique place
near Princess Anne Md. last week. I almost bought it just for the take-up
reel. they were asking $10.00. They also had several other box cameras,
one identical to the one which started me down the path to photography in
1946. All were about the same price but some not in so good shape.
Good luck, dr bob.

dr bob
November 3rd 03, 03:00 PM
"Ol' Duffer" > wrote in message
> In article >, says...
> >
> > "Ol' Duffer" > wrote in message
> > > Anyone care to speculate on the value of this antique Agfa B2
Shur-shot
> > > box camera? Don't know if this qualifies as medium-format, but it's
> > > bigger than 35mm. I'm probably going to put it on eBay, and wanted to
> > > get some ideas so I know what to ask for starting bid, etc. Thanks.
> > > http://www2.wcoil.com/~olduffer/shurshot.html
> >
> > I happened to see one in pretty fair shape at an antique place
> > near Princess Anne Md. last week. I almost bought it just for the
take-up
> > reel. they were asking $10.00. They also had several other box
cameras,
> > one identical to the one which started me down the path to photography
in
> > 1946. All were about the same price but some not in so good shape.
>
> Sounds like I should just stash it away for awhile.
> Thanks for the info.

Hey, don't just take my word as fact - there was only the one Agfa
that I saw. A sample space of one is hardly hard fact. Check around Ebay
and see other auctions. If your Agfa is in good order and especially if it
"looks" good, it might solicit additional interest. I'm not a collector as
such. I mainly _use_ all the old stuff I have gotten from friends and
associates. It seems I am a camera magnet, especially as the digital boom
has blossomed. Free is pretty cheap :-)

Truly, dr bob

Tom Pfeiffer
November 3rd 03, 04:20 PM
There were at least two Agfa B2's, one a box camera and the other a folding
camera. Being the "camera-maker to the masses" so to speak, Agfa made these
by the bazillions, and lots of them are still around. It may have
sentimental value, but the chances that it will ever be worth anything more
than $5-10 are not good.

Tom P.