PDA

View Full Version : Backdrop supplier

Photogirl
January 18th 04, 09:28 PM
Hi,

I'm new to the group. I'm just starting out (who isn't, right?) and I
was wondering if anyone knows of some suppliers that have nice
backdrops. I was checking out ebay and there are a few that I'm
interested in, but I thought I would try here first. I'm looking for
an old master type of look, (tried do one on my own, yuk)and I don't
really want to spend the ridiculous amount that Denny's asks, but I
don't want something that looks like it was spray painted either. Any
suggestions?

Photo Girl

Ted Harris
January 18th 04, 11:50 PM
you will find a good variety at Calumet
Ted Harris
Resource Strategy
Henniker, New Hampshire

Photogirl
January 20th 04, 04:16 AM
(Ted Harris) wrote in message >...
> you will find a good variety at Calumet
> Ted Harris
> Resource Strategy
> Henniker, New Hampshire

Thanks Ted. I will try that one. I did find one place called canfield
studios that is have some really nice stuff and the prices very good.
The in stock stuff is what I may look at. It was something like
canfieldstudios.com or canfieldstudios.net. Can't remember which.
Zpro-photo had a lot good links too. Backdrop Outlet was still a
little pricey. Ebay and Canfield studios may be the ways to go for
now. Thanks again!

Photo Girl

George
January 20th 04, 08:35 PM
Some of the "old standbys" are:
Denny Manufacturing
Bright Backgrounds (formerly James Bright Backgrounds before his death)
Studio Dynamics
Backdrop Outlet

"Photogirl" > wrote in message
m...
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to the group. I'm just starting out (who isn't, right?) and I
> was wondering if anyone knows of some suppliers that have nice
> backdrops. I was checking out ebay and there are a few that I'm
> interested in, but I thought I would try here first. I'm looking for
> an old master type of look, (tried do one on my own, yuk)and I don't
> really want to spend the ridiculous amount that Denny's asks, but I
> don't want something that looks like it was spray painted either. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Photo Girl

zeitgeist
January 25th 04, 06:21 AM
do you have a link to Jame Bright?

I've been trying to find him, did his business get absorbed into someone
else's biz?

I bought my first from him when he first went into it.

"George" > wrote in message
> Some of the "old standbys" are:
> Denny Manufacturing
> Bright Backgrounds (formerly James Bright Backgrounds before his death)
> Studio Dynamics
> Backdrop Outlet
>

> "Photogirl" > wrote in message
> m...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm new to the group. I'm just starting out (who isn't, right?) and I
> > was wondering if anyone knows of some suppliers that have nice
> > backdrops. I was checking out ebay and there are a few that I'm
> > interested in, but I thought I would try here first. I'm looking for
> > an old master type of look, (tried do one on my own, yuk)and I don't
> > really want to spend the ridiculous amount that Denny's asks, but I
> > don't want something that looks like it was spray painted either. Any
> > suggestions?
> >
> > Photo Girl

George
February 8th 04, 12:00 AM
Sorry I didn't see your post sooner (I thought this thread was dead). I did
see a link somewhere to Bright Backdrops (I believe that is the new name, no
longer James Bright Backdrops) but don't have it. I liked his backdrops
best (and apparently so did some name entertainers as I lifted the corner of
a drop Art Garfunkel was using in a concert and it was a James Bright "Mona
Loa").