PDA

View Full Version : What SD card?

Aruz
November 21st 04, 09:08 PM
Getting my new camera for Christmas (IXUS 40), and along with a few other
things, such as case and spare battery, I will be needing another SD card.
However, having never used SD with any other device that I own, I have no
idea which ones would be best to go for. I need something fast and reliable.
Who would be the best manufacturer to go with? I am looking for cards of at
least 256MB size, but would prefer 512.

Thanks in advance!

--
Aruz
--

---

Daniel
November 22nd 04, 07:24 PM
Hi, I am a BIG fan of the Lexar brand of memory cards. All of their cards
have designations of speed - that is transfer speed - I most of the time
like to get at least 8X. Prices on the cards have been coming down quite a
lot. Ohh... and for the size, I would stick with the 128 MB or 256 MB, I
have heard stories about people losing photos because they had transfer
problems or the camera all of a sudden stopped working because the batteries
went dead corrupting the files. I know that does not happen too often, but
if it happens to you..... Well. So I usually will download the photos to
my computer as soon as possible.

Anyway, you are getting the camera for Christmas, what did you do, PEEK
into the box? :-)

Dan

"Aruz" > wrote in message
> Getting my new camera for Christmas (IXUS 40), and along with a few other
> things, such as case and spare battery, I will be needing another SD card.
> However, having never used SD with any other device that I own, I have no
> idea which ones would be best to go for. I need something fast and
reliable.
> Who would be the best manufacturer to go with? I am looking for cards of
at
> least 256MB size, but would prefer 512.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> --
> Aruz
> --
> XBLive GT: Aruz
> Live Games: NG, RSC2, MM3, GR:IT, SGT:O, RS3, PGR2, MA
> My Games Collection: http://users.ign.com/collection/aruz
>

> ---

Aruz
November 22nd 04, 07:54 PM
"K J" > wrote in message
> SanDisk Ultra II 512 and 1G SD. Very Fast, very reliable. Never had a
> problem with them.

Know where I can order these from the UK? I have looked around a few places,
but can't find them. Admittedly, not looked hard, but if you are willing to
spare me the hassle ;)

---

Aruz
November 22nd 04, 07:56 PM
"Daniel" <dcxdanATwowwayDOTcom> wrote in message
> Hi, I am a BIG fan of the Lexar brand of memory cards. All of their cards
> have designations of speed - that is transfer speed - I most of the time
> like to get at least 8X. Prices on the cards have been coming down quite a
> lot. Ohh... and for the size, I would stick with the 128 MB or 256 MB, I
> have heard stories about people losing photos because they had transfer
> problems or the camera all of a sudden stopped working because the
batteries
> went dead corrupting the files. I know that does not happen too often, but
> if it happens to you..... Well. So I usually will download the photos to
> my computer as soon as possible.
>
> Anyway, you are getting the camera for Christmas, what did you do, PEEK
> into the box? :-)
>
> Dan

Right, will look into Lexar. Have found these at various places. Thanks much
:)

---

Aruz
November 22nd 04, 08:22 PM
"Aruz" > wrote in message

> "K J" > wrote in message
> > SanDisk Ultra II 512 and 1G SD. Very Fast, very reliable. Never had a
> > problem with them.
>
> Know where I can order these from the UK? I have looked around a few
places,
> but can't find them. Admittedly, not looked hard, but if you are willing
> spare me the hassle ;)
>

> ---

No need. Just found a good enough supplier. Thank you dealtime :)

---

PhilFaeBuckie
November 23rd 04, 07:57 AM
> Getting my new camera for Christmas (IXUS 40), and along with a few other
> things, such as case and spare battery, I will be needing another SD card.
> However, having never used SD with any other device that I own, I have no
> idea which ones would be best to go for. I need something fast and
> reliable.
> Who would be the best manufacturer to go with? I am looking for cards of
> at
> least 256MB size, but would prefer 512.

I have had good experience of the Silicon Power Ultima range of SD cards.
For example the Ultima 45X 1GB is available for US$99.00 at
http://www.opticsplanet.net/silicon-power-ultima-45x-1gb-secure-digital-card.html

me2
November 23rd 04, 10:28 AM
Has anyone used the high speed ByteStor cards? What are they like for speed
and reliability?

Alan
December 8th 04, 11:40 AM
"Aruz" > wrote in message

> "K J" > wrote in message
>> SanDisk Ultra II 512 and 1G SD. Very Fast, very reliable. Never had a
>> problem with them.
>
> Know where I can order these from the UK? I have looked around a few
> places,
> but can't find them. Admittedly, not looked hard, but if you are willing
> spare me the hassle ;)
>

> ---
>
>Have you tried eBay ?? got a 256mb Kingston Memeory card for £22.00 inc P &
>P.

Al