PDA

View Full Version : Shen-Hao 6x12 Roll Film Back

Mike
March 24th 04, 04:46 AM
Has anyone had practical experience with the Shen-Hao 6x12 Roll Film
Back?

At $395 it's a lot cheaper than other brands.

- Mike

Kerry L. Thalmann
March 24th 04, 06:36 AM
"Mike" > wrote in message
> Has anyone had practical experience with the Shen-Hao 6x12 Roll Film
> Back?
>
> At $395 it's a lot cheaper than other brands.

Mike,

I have one of these backs. The design can best be described as "primitive"
and the construction "industrial". But, hey it works. It has a larger
image area (about 117mm wide) than the Horseman (112mm) and Sinar backs. It
holds the film flat with a full length pressure plate. Since you read the
frame numbers off the film backing paper, the frame spacing is even and
consistant. It certainly isn't as elegant or as nicely finished as the
Horseman 6x12 back. The $395 price is a bargain for a new 6x12 back
(although you might be able to find a mint condition used Horseman 6x12 back
for about $500). If you want to shoot 6x12, but have a limited budget, the
Shen Hao back is definitely worth considering.

Kerry

Mike
March 26th 04, 02:59 AM
Kerry:

It arrived today and as you say "industriall" but functional. Also did
not realize it was a mutli-format back and it came with a 6x9 mask,
and probably has 6x6 and 6x4.5 available as well.

No instructions, but not too difficult to figure out. So for 6x12 use
I would use frames, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
- Mike

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 06:36:59 GMT, "Kerry L. Thalmann"