PDA

View Full Version : 72" x 84" b/w film?

tim peterson
March 2nd 04, 05:51 PM
anyone have a good supplier of really large b/w sheet film? i'm
writing a proposal for an upcoming project that would need film as
large as 72" x 84".... any ideas? i may have to work around, but am
hoping i can track something down!

thanks!
tp

Hemi4268
March 4th 04, 09:10 PM
Hi

I understand Kodak will cut you anthing you want with a 1500 sq ft order. At
72x84 inches or 42 sq ft a sheet, you will need to order about 25 sheets. Just
ask for a box of 25.

Larry

Mike Schuler
March 5th 04, 12:02 AM
I have no idea about B&W film, although I do know that Polaroid has
film close to that size that Chuck Close and others have used.

(tim peterson) wrote in message >...
> anyone have a good supplier of really large b/w sheet film? i'm
> writing a proposal for an upcoming project that would need film as
> large as 72" x 84".... any ideas? i may have to work around, but am
> hoping i can track something down!
>
> thanks!
> tp

brook
March 5th 04, 07:59 PM
(tim peterson) wrote in message >...
> anyone have a good supplier of really large b/w sheet film? i'm
> writing a proposal for an upcoming project that would need film as
> large as 72" x 84".... any ideas? i may have to work around, but am
> hoping i can track something down!
>
> thanks!
> tp

Try doing a search for Photo Warehouse, I understand that they get FP4
as house brand film and are willing to cut to any size for a
reasonable price.
Sounds like a fun project.
Brook

Gordon Moat
March 7th 04, 01:18 AM
tim peterson wrote:

> anyone have a good supplier of really large b/w sheet film? i'm
> writing a proposal for an upcoming project that would need film as
> large as 72" x 84".... any ideas? i may have to work around, but am
> hoping i can track something down!
>
> thanks!
> tp

Try Ilford at
<http://www.ilford.com/html/us_english/prod_html/contractmfg/contractmfg.html>
for Custom Manufacturing. They should be able to provide a quote.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
Alliance Graphique Studio
<http://www.allgstudio.com>