PDA

View Full Version : question about fresnel and GG

Gelatina
March 1st 04, 09:19 PM
Hi,

I'm italian and have some question about the correct position for the
Groundglass+fresnel on my Arca F.
I've found the fresnel in front of the lens, and the ring facing the GG.
I've read that this is wrong, but I could'nt place the focusing screen for
fist in the frame because it do not fit properly (the GG seems a little too
big).
Nobody has the same camera and helps me to understand how to do?

--

http://digilander.libero.it/gsinico/
jump to:

Gelatina
March 1st 04, 10:02 PM
Also I'm trying to write to Bob Maxwell, but his mail a week ago stopped to
work.
Somebody has a valid mail of him?

--
Gelatina

"Gelatina" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi,
>
> I'm italian and have some question about the correct position for the
> Groundglass+fresnel on my Arca F.
> I've found the fresnel in front of the lens, and the ring facing the GG.
> I've read that this is wrong, but I could'nt place the focusing screen for
> fist in the frame because it do not fit properly (the GG seems a little
too
> big).
> Nobody has the same camera and helps me to understand how to do?
>
> --
>
> http://digilander.libero.it/gsinico/
> jump to:
> http://www.gelatina.altervista.org

Tom
March 1st 04, 11:32 PM
Whether that is right or wrong, depends on how the camera was designed. On a
Graphic the correct order is lens -- plain side of fresnel -- ridged side of
fresnel -- ground side of groundglass -- plain side of ground glass. That sounds
like how yours is set up. Do you have some reason to think someone changed it?
The best thing to do if you think so, is to contact Arca Swiss and find out.

--

Gelatina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm italian and have some question about the correct position for the
> Groundglass+fresnel on my Arca F.
> I've found the fresnel in front of the lens, and the ring facing the GG.
> I've read that this is wrong, but I could'nt place the focusing screen for
> fist in the frame because it do not fit properly (the GG seems a little too
> big).
> Nobody has the same camera and helps me to understand how to do?
>
> --
>
> http://digilander.libero.it/gsinico/
> jump to:
> http://www.gelatina.altervista.org

Gelatina
March 2nd 04, 09:01 AM
thanks, I'll try to contact Arca, they are difficult to contact here...

--
Gelatina