PDA

View Full Version : faulty shutter on ancient Graflex 4X5 SLR

Uncle Lucky
January 26th 04, 06:22 PM
I'd like to get this old camera up and running.
Other than Graflex.org are there any sites devoted to these cameras and the
more technical aspects of shutter curtain repairs?
Also have a Goerz Anshutz with same problem...
Any help greatly appreciated!
Health & Peace,
Uncle Lucky

Richard Knoppow
January 31st 04, 03:18 AM
"Richard Knoppow" > wrote in message
om...
> (Uncle Lucky) wrote in message
> > I'd like to get this old camera up and running.
> > Other than Graflex.org are there any sites devoted to
these cameras and the
> > more technical aspects of shutter curtain repairs?
> > Also have a Goerz Anshutz with same problem...
> > Any help greatly appreciated!
> > Health & Peace,
> > Uncle Lucky
>

> Fred Lustig, who was the Graflex wizzard for many years
had a
> stroke recently and is evidently out of business, at least
> temporarily.
> I would try Photography on Bald Mountain or Steve
Grimes shop at
> http://www.skgrimes.com I am away from home so don't
have
> Photography on Bald Mountain's contact info. It should be
on Google.
> Graflex shutters are pretty simple. Not much goes wrong
with them
> other than curtains wearing out.
> The Goerz Anchutz has a more complex shutter. I think
the above
> shops may be able to repair that also.
Oh, dear, I forgot.

Ken Ruth
Photography on Bald Mountain
Davenport, CA

831-423-4465
Phone calls Wed & Thur 9-5 and Fri 9-Noon.
http://www.baldmtn.com/

--
---
Richard Knoppow