PDA

View Full Version : Re: How would you vote on a "DSLR camera of the Decade?"

Pablo
May 8th 12, 05:24 PM
RichA escribió:

> I'd have to give it to the D700. I know the new D800 is better from a
> few aspects, but considering when it was released, the fact it
> performs outstandingly, has low noise, was affordable, a great body,
> focusing, terrific customer satisfaction levels, etc., I'd say IMO,
> the D700 is number one with the Canon 5D coming in second.

Am I the only one here that can only afford one camera? I only bought that
because it was old hat and therefore cheap.

--
Pablo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbleypants/
http://paulc.es/piso/index.php

David Dyer-Bennet
May 8th 12, 06:54 PM
Pablo > writes:

> RichA escribió:
>
>> I'd have to give it to the D700. I know the new D800 is better from a
>> few aspects, but considering when it was released, the fact it
>> performs outstandingly, has low noise, was affordable, a great body,
>> focusing, terrific customer satisfaction levels, etc., I'd say IMO,
>> the D700 is number one with the Canon 5D coming in second.
>
> Am I the only one here that can only afford one camera? I only bought that
> because it was old hat and therefore cheap.

I don't see the relevance; nothing about having multiple cameras in that
question.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, ; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info

Pablo
May 8th 12, 08:01 PM
David Dyer-Bennet escribió:

> Pablo > writes:
>
>> RichA escribió:
>>
>>> I'd have to give it to the D700. I know the new D800 is better from a
>>> few aspects, but considering when it was released, the fact it
>>> performs outstandingly, has low noise, was affordable, a great body,
>>> focusing, terrific customer satisfaction levels, etc., I'd say IMO,
>>> the D700 is number one with the Canon 5D coming in second.
>>
>> Am I the only one here that can only afford one camera? I only bought
>> that because it was old hat and therefore cheap.
>
> I don't see the relevance; nothing about having multiple cameras in that
> question.

Dunno. Doesn't being qualified to comment depend on at least having had some
experience of said cameras?

Perhaps not.

--
Pablo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbleypants/
http://paulc.es/piso/index.php

Rich[_6_]
May 9th 12, 02:42 AM
"MC" > wrote in :

> Pablo wrote:
>
>> David Dyer-Bennet escribió:

>> from a >>> few aspects, but considering when it was released, the
>> fact it >>> performs outstandingly, has low noise, was affordable, a
>> great body, >>> focusing, terrific customer satisfaction levels,
>> etc., I'd say IMO, >>> the D700 is number one with the Canon 5D
>> coming in second.

>> bought >> that because it was old hat and therefore cheap.
>> >
>> > I don't see the relevance; nothing about having multiple cameras in
>> > that question.
>>
>> Dunno. Doesn't being qualified to comment depend on at least having
>> had some experience of said cameras?
>>
>> Perhaps not.
>
> He does have a point.
>
> However, having said that, having experience in using a camera does not
> necessarily mean you have to own it.
>
> MC

The camera rental market is apparently doing pretty well.